Information for guests travelling in groups
- Explorers Lodge may be suitable for your group accommodation however it is important to understand booking all our spaces is not like booking a full home.
- Explorers Lodge is configured to meet the needs of the majority of our guests, which is predominantly couples, singles and small travelling groups.
- Kitchen facilities are only in our apartment which has one hotplate, microwave and a mini oven for cooking. It is well equipped to provide for 4 guests.
- An outdoor BBQ area has a table and chairs that may seat 10-12 guests (a BBQ cooking kit is available). Disposable plates and cutlery are also provided.
- Two small dining tables seat 4 guests each (one is located in the sunroom, the other is in the apartment) and our living areas only comfortably seat 8 guests (chairs can be added to lounge to seat 12).
- Explorers Lodge may not be suitable for larger groups who require a full kitchen that can cater for more than 4 guests and want to prepare full meals daily that can be served and enjoyed together in one dining area.
- The four B&B guest rooms each have an internal ensuite. Three rooms are located upstairs (two King rooms and a small Queen room). The fourth room is on the main level and can be configured with a King bed or two Single beds.This room is perfect for those with reduced mobility or find stairs challenging.
- The main B&B section has an upstairs balcony, large lounge and large sunroom for guests in this section.
- Our two bedroom and two bathroom self contained apartment has its own external access via a small set of stairs from the rear garden. It is NOT connected to the main part of the B&B internally. They are connected by a short, uncovered garden path.
- The apartment has a small kitchen, living area and balcony.
- There are three onsite parking spaces and plenty of street parking if there are more than 3 vehicles in your group. We are located in a quiet Culdesac with plenty of space right outside the property.
AVAILABILITY AND RATES
- Click the bookings tab and scroll down to the availability and rates calendar. Pricing is per room as indicated on the calendar.
- Apartment pricing does not include breakfast. If the apartment forms part of your group booking breakfast may be added for these guests for $30 per person per day.
- B&B Guest room prices include breakfast. For pricing that doesn’t include breakfast please contact us.
- If your group has more than 6 guests enjoying our delicious breakfast it will be served in a dining area that seats up to 12 people in a section of the lodge not normally accessible to guests.
- For groups of more than 6, our breakfast service is modified. It is still the great breakfast our guests love, just delivered a little differently. Our continental menu is set up on a buffet for self service. The cooked breakfast menu is the same for all guests, plated and delivered to each guest individually. Loose leaf tea in teapots and barista/cafe style coffee is made to each guests request.
- For the comfort of all guests, groups must book one of three options.
1. All four B&B guest rooms only (max 8 guests).
2. Apartment only (max 4 guests plus 1 infant).
3. All rooms and apartment (max 12 guests).
- All guests must be over 12 years of age UNLESS the booking is for the apartment only option.
- Rollaways and extra beds are not available.
- Early check in and late check out is not available.
- The living areas (Sunroom and Lounge) are styled with comfortable armchairs, sofa’s and small tables. Furniture in these rooms cannot be removed or temporarily relocated from the lodge for these rooms to be used for other purposes.
- Our living areas are not suitable and cannot be used by bridal parties for dressing, hair and makeup etc.
- Visitors not booked to stay at the lodge are not permitted during your stay.
*** Availability varies and is not available for online booking. Contact us via phone or email to enquire ***